If You're New to Assessments
Finding the right assessment(s) and company for helping
you hire or manage or develop a staff can be daunting. As this field
has become more and more popular over the past 10 years, the choices
have exploded. It also means the number of companies and individuals
selling them have multiplied, too.
The difference can be in selection of the best assessment for the problem
as well as the service provided. These questions might be helpful:
- What is the real problem to solve?
- What is the current estimated cost of the problem?
- How is the assessment(s) related to the job/problem?
- How accurate are the assessments?
- How reliable is the data provided?
- How are the assessments given? (paper, Internet)
- What is the turnaround time on processing the
- How long has the individual worked with
- What type of training do they have?
- What type of continuing education do they
- Can they interrupt and provide more information
than the computer reports?
- What guidance for using the information
do they provide?
- How do they compare with other assessments
on the market?
- Does the company provide assessments from more than
one source or vendor?